On 12/3/2019 1:36 PM, Ting Li wrote:

        External Email - Use Caution

Dear Dr. Douglas,

Thank  you so much for all the answers. I have two more questions.

1, When the Monte Carlo simulation is doing, how does one simulation is done?

  *   synthesize z map (synthesize z map for how many subjects?)

The Z is essentailly an infinite # of subjects (it is just a single map).

  *   smooth z map (You have mentioned the FWHM comes from an estimate from the
residuals of the analysis, which analysis? or the way we process the real data
with the command mris_preproc with FWHM value? )

The GLM analysis, from the residual.

  *   threshold z map (Does it mean a GLM analysis so we can have threshold z
map?)

No, the z-map is synthesized directly

The simulation is done in mri_glmfit-sim and in mri_mcsim.

2, When we reference to the CSD files in freesurfer, will it correct the
cluster size p-value based on DOF (degree of freedom), like the t-ratios table
including a DOF? Thanks a lot!
I don't know what you mean.

Best regards,
Ting

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 1:59 PM Greve, Douglas N.,Ph.D.