From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Douglas N. Greve
<dgr...@mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2022 6:06 PM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] autorecon2-wm not reflecting edits in white matter
segmentation (7.1.1, 7.2.0)

The edits you are making only change the initial surface; the surface placement
then refines the placement. Sometimes the surface placement can be quite
stubborn. If this is the case, the ?h.orig.nofix and  ?h.orig will reflect your
edits (nofix exactly; ?h.orig to some extent). Also check the the
white.preaparc is where the problem starts.

When you say that v6 did better, do you mean on this same data or on different
data? The surface placement has not changed that much since v6.