External Email - Use Caution

You could try checking some things with these commands,
$ cd /Applications/freesurfer/7.2.0
$ df -h .
Under the column “Avail” it will list how much free disk space you have
available.  If you are running out of disk space then maybe deleting files
you don’t need from your Downloads folder will free up some disk space.
(It’s a good idea to keep at least 10G of free space available on your boot
drive for MacOS and many people keep 20G - 30G free)..
See if you can create a new empty file under that location with,
$ touch /Applications/freesurfer/7.2.0/subjects/211025/empty_file
Without write permission that will fail, and you will probably need to preface
the command with “sudo” for it to work and then authenticate with your
password.  Once your sudo privileges expire, you won’t be able to write
files there until you sudo again..
So some users create a new subdirectory for subjects in a location where they
always have write permission, like their home subdirectory.  For example,
$ cd $HOME$ mkdir -p subjects/211025
… copy in whatever files you need to that new location and then …
$ export SUBJECTS_DIR=$HOME/subjects/211025
You would need to always set that in your environment to override the default
SUBEJCTS_DIR location of /Applications/freesurfer/7.2.0/subjects
- R.
On Apr 18, 2022, at 20:02, HYE JUNG YOUN <hyejung7...@amc.seoul.kr>
wrote:        External Email - Use
Caution        Hi Bruce,  Do
you mean that I should re-do the recon-all process? I tried to re run
freeview but it did not work. And Yes I  think the files have been
overwritten at some point which I am trying to figure out to avoid making the
same mistake in the future.  However, the question is I have done the
exact same process I always did to view mri files on freeview. I have set and
used the same subject directory, used the same code, and etc. Here’s the
code I used:<image004..png>Which gives me
this:<image005.png> Then, when I check mri folder, notice the
selected files have been overwritten (I think) and are shown as 0 byte in
size. <image006.png> Can you see where I went wrong to
overwrite those files?  Thank you for your
help.  Best, HFrom: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh..harvard.edu <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> On
 Behalf Of Fischl, BruceSent: Monday, April 18, 2022 10:35
PMTo: Freesurfer support list
<freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Failed to
load MRI error Is this for a subject that you can’t load the wm.mgz for?
It doesn’t show any errors. Is the wm.mgz zero length? I don’t see how those
things can both be true unless you overwrote it at some point. If you haven’t
manually edited this subject maybe you should just rerun
it? From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> On
 Behalf Of HYE JUNG YOUNSent: Monday, April 18, 2022 2:44
AMTo: 'Freesurfer support list'
<freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Failed to
load MRI error         External
Email - Use Caution        Hi