--- Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:
> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> >  --- Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu: > Gustavo Sverzut
> Barbieri
> >> Please take a look at blue1_big.xml and blue2_big.xml, I would
> like
> >> to hear some comments from you what you thing about the xml
> >> structure.
> >>

> > Wow! It's gorgeous...
>
> Thanks.
>
> > I'll myself write a skin when we got that finnish or when I have
> > time (the one that arives first)
>
> :-)
>
> >>  1. no view area for the tv menu
>
> > We really need it now? I don't use the TV Guide myself, but IMO
> it's
> > not usefull. I made that as a reference. It may be useful if
> someday we
> > can use a channel preview of what's playing right now on that
> channel.
>
> Good idea. If we skip it, we have more space for the info area.
>
> >>  2. no indicators for tv items and UP/DOWN for more items than you
> >> see
> >
> > Is that that difficult?
>
> No, some points on my list are very simple.

Good

> >>  3. DISPLAY can only toggle between two styles
> >
> > Again, how difficult is to implement unlimited styles?
>
> Very easy. But I didn't tocuhed the toggle code yesterday. The good
> thing about my TODO list I posted is, that I can do lots of it in a
> very short time. I like that about a TODO list ;-)

:)

> >>  6. No grey skin
> >
> > These one could be the latest item to cover...
>
> Agreed.
>
> > We still need to port the round as it was before.
>
> What do you mean? It's the same as before (except the image listing
> and that's no Python, it's xml work).

I meant the menu look as before... selected item has darker bg. but's
only skin xml

> > Maybe we use as 'default' the new Aubin's skin.
>
> Agreed. The current default skin is a skin I only made as example for
> round boxes, it wasn't designed to be a default skin.
>
> > I think it will not offense anyone, since Aubin was the author of
> > the other skins too :)
>
> Aubin has a better look about what's looking good and what not.
> Aubin,
> if you have some time, maybe you could add image listings to your
> skin.
>
> >> 12. Finish integration of Robs new gui stuff
> >
> > That's good. What is the current progress?
>
> Right now you won't see any popups with my skin because the drawpopup
> function is disabled. But in videoitem.py are two popups that work
> with the gui code (when you scan the dvd for titles). But it's very
> easy to integrate the gui code in other files, too.

Ok... I want to play with that... any idea on menus/popups to the
movies?

> > One thing is missing from blue2: when I select a file that has no
> XML,
> > I got no info! we must provide at least the filename.
>
> The name is in the title area and I don't thing we need the real
> filename. But I'm only doing the Python stuff, if a skin designer
> what
> to display that information, it's all part of the xml file.

Ok, but we can make the OSD show the line ONLY if we have at least one
(or maybe we need all) of the variables (if we have one) of that line,
so we wont get empty-meaning lines, like:
Title: ???

and just a notice, try to enable the Filename: [EMAIL PROTECTED]@ on the XML,
you'll see that if we are viewing a movie.fxd, you don't have the
filename... why? it's a bug, IMO

> > And I like the 3 views placed as before...
>
> I like the placing as it is now, but the good thing with my skin is,
> it's very easy to replace the areas to the way it looked before.

I know...

> > or at least we need more contrast in blue2...
>
> Agreed. I will thing about it, maybe a box around the info area like
> you had. I'm also thinking about Aubins idle bar. We need a way to
> configure the look of it (what items to display). Maybe the item bar
> can ask the skin "am I visible? What are my colors? Where can I draw
> myself?". Than we could make a 6th area: bararea or panelarea.

maybe we can, first, do it at a user-level, just have the user to not
specify coordinates that overlap the bar_area. Later we can make
something like bliting the bar_area later, after the whole screen
becomes ready.

> > but it's just decoration stuff that can be done later by someone
> > more experienced, Aubin? :)
>
> Help us!
>
> > PS: Why we define iconset and don't use it? See blue1_big.xml
> <main>
>
> Right now we don't need it in blue1, but blue2 uses it to find the
> default images for the image listing. But I also want to use it in
> the
> <mainmenu> definition. But there are more things to change.
>
> > We should get away with all relative images paths... neither the
> > ../images IMHO we should make really use a icon set. When you
> change
> > it, you change everything.
>
> OK, what about you give an image name and the image will be searched
> in ".", "skin/images", "skin/main1" (skin/dischi1 until it's not the
> main1 skin).

it's ok for me this way.

Gustavo