Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>> What about using the way Zope does:
>> <ifdef filename>
>> Filename: <getvar filename>
>> <endif>
>>
>> It's ok IMO, and even it's XML compilant... so no need to know python
>> code.
>
> Nice, I like that. I don't know how to do that in Python (mixture of
> cdata and tags), but I will try to figure that out. Great idea.
>
> I will support ifdef, ifndef, else and endif as conditions, and getvar
> as command.

Oops, sorry, it's no xml. It will be

<ifdef var="filename">
   Filename: <get var="filename"/>
<ifdef>

You can also use ifndef, else is not supported. For the cols, <tab>
instead of \t? Or <hflush>? <justify>?

[2 min later]

Or

<if condition="filename">
..
</if>

and we could also support condition="filename && title" or
condition="filename || title". And you can put <if> inside <if>.

A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of
the lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing
through the minds of either.