--- Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu: > Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
wrote:
> >  --- Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:

> >> Agreed.
>
> OK, I lied. There is now a grey skin. But only the menu is like
> grey1,
> tv and audio are like blue1. The reason for this skin: it's now
> possible to use name instead of numbers for colors and then use
> <color> to define the color. The grey1 skin is an example how to
> change colors, images and fonts of an existing skin to create a new
> one.

I saw :) Looks good anyway.

> > I meant the menu look as before... selected item has darker bg.
> but's
> > only skin xml
>
> I used it because blue1 used a darker selection color. But it's very
> easy, change <color label="selected"> to a new color and all
> selection
> bars are new. BTW, I also like your light-blue better than darkening
> the selection.

Ok.

> >> Right now you won't see any popups with my skin because the
> drawpopup
> >> function is disabled. But in videoitem.py are two popups that work
> >> with the gui code (when you scan the dvd for titles). But it's
> very
> >> easy to integrate the gui code in other files, too.
> >>

> > Ok... I want to play with that... any idea on menus/popups to the
> > movies?
>
> At first we should change most of the files like videoitem.py (just
> grep for config.NEW_SKIN is the file)
>
> 1. Don't import skin or osd, use gui for all drawing stuff
>
> 2. Create the gui objects (again grep for config.NEW_SKIN in
>    videoitem.py)

Ok, I'll see.

> > Ok, but we can make the OSD show the line ONLY if we have at least
> one
> > (or maybe we need all) of the variables (if we have one) of that
> line,
> > so we wont get empty-meaning lines, like:
> > Title: ???
>
> I'm not happy with the current way to define what to display. All
> this
> \t and @var@ doesn't look good.

Yeah, but there is another cleaner solution?

> > and just a notice, try to enable the Filename: [EMAIL PROTECTED]@ on the
> XML,
> > you'll see that if we are viewing a movie.fxd, you don't have the
> > filename... why? it's a bug, IMO
>
> I'll look into that. I'm not familiar with that new xml code. But if
> the fxd file contains more than one movie file, a videoitem has
> subitems and the first one has no filename to play (and that has to
> be
> this way). Maybe we could make a special treatment in getattr for
> this.

Yeah... but we have to see this filename issue. I used the filename
since we should always have it :)

Maybe this one could be grouped with the "\t @var@" issue and we could
create some conditionals... maybe using some kind of PHP in our XML :)

Like:

<?python if not title: print "Filename: %s" % filename>

It's dirty IMO, but it's cool :)

> >> Agreed. I will thing about it, maybe a box around the info area
> like
> >> you had. I'm also thinking about Aubins idle bar. We need a way to
> >> configure the look of it (what items to display). Maybe the item
> bar
> >> can ask the skin "am I visible? What are my colors? Where can I
> draw
> >> myself?". Than we could make a 6th area: bararea or panelarea.
> >>

> > maybe we can, first, do it at a user-level, just have the user to
> not
> > specify coordinates that overlap the bar_area. Later we can make
> > something like bliting the bar_area later, after the whole screen
> > becomes ready.

I was talking about making the bar_area a new area, like View, Info,
Listing. But handled by the OSD and not any other thing (menu, music
player, image viewer, etc) So we always have it displayed. We should
assing a RC key to toggle it on/off and make it default off when
viewing images or movies, but be able to toggle it on when that key was
pressed.
(we could use the mplayer's bmovl to do that in movies)

Gustavo