--- Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu: > Aubin Paul wrote:
> > Wow... I didn't even think it was setup /THAT/ properly :) This is
> > remarkably easier than editing the code.
> >
> > I can wait for Gustavo's thing, it's mainly a cosmetic issue, but
> > because I made the info area 'thinner' to account for the idlebar,
> > needed to compress the info a little.
>
> Idlebar -- there was a discussion about that on IRC some days ago. I
> would like to make it possible to use the idle bar on _all_ skins.
> But
> I don't want to design all skins with the free space for the idle
> bar,
> maybe the user doesn't want the bar and it would be a waste of space.
>

> Solution: when we use the idle bar, the skin should be scale down the
> areas automaticly to make free space for the bar. The question is:
> how
> should the skin know that space is needed? Should the skin know about
> the idle bar only only about something that needs space? How much
> space? And where? When I know the answers to that questions, I will
> integrate it.

I'm totally agains auto-scale things and IMHO Pygame scaling sucks :)

It's not too difficult to adapt the skin (manually) to use the idle
bar... we could do like this: You release the skins without the idle
bar and later we (I/you/dischi/rob/someone) convert it to the idlebar
format... Then we make a poll asking users what one they prefer/use
more. From the poll results we define if it's better to release the
version with or the version without the idlebar (but we try to release
the other version as soon as possible).

Also, we should do that with our self-scalable skins (800x600, 640x480,
...) when we make a new release we should create independently skin
files and ICONS and BACKGROUND IMAGES... so when you decide to
customize your 640x480 skin (and you're a poor user) you don't have to
go through all the skin/xml/type1/*.fxd files to find how to change the
font color :)

It's easy for us (developers) but it is stupid, because Freevo needs to
recalculate everything everytime

> I also would like to remove the hardcoded x positions of the idlebar
> plugins. Each plugin should get x where to draw and returns the width
> it used. Based on the plugin level, this should look much better
> (except the clock, it is always on the right site). BTW, how to set
> idle bar fonts and colors? In the skin or as plugin parameter?

IMHO, as parameter.
Also, we could define if the idlebar is vertical or horizontal. And to
choose the position we could define that positive numbers are
left->right or top->bottom, negative ones are right->left (ie, clock)
and bottom->up.

Gustavo