On Wednesday 11 August 2004 21:06, Dan Sully wrote:
> Please keep in mind, that some of us have gone out of our way explictly to
> not use mplayer as part of our Freevo setup. It'd be a real shame if freevo
> absolutely depended on mplayer.

As Jason points out on his site, bmovl2 is only an MPlayer plugin with a
specific interface, and it should be possible to port this plugin to Xine for
example, if someone is willing to do so.

> I'm just not sure at the potential audience for such a thing.

I am sure there is an audience, since one could also imaging putting it on a
DVD together with a movie, so AFAICS, small media player distros are very
useful! (Is Xine smaller than MPlayer? I would not have thought so.)

Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.
    /  / ANS                                                  ooo