Dan Sully wrote:
> * Hans Meine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> shaped the electrons to say...
>
>> Maybe having MPlayer/bmovl2 as an output backend would be nice in
>> Freevo, too. I suspect animated backgrounds (like in DVD menus) to
>> be easy to implement then, too. (Ignoring the CPU load for now -
>> actually I don't want my fan to whirl just because of eye-candy, as
>> it inevitably does with Freevo's audio visualization plug-in
>> already.)
>
> Please keep in mind, that some of us have gone out of our way explictly to
> not use mplayer as part of our Freevo setup. It'd be a real shame if freevo
> absolutely depended on mplayer.

There will be some features from mebox ported to Freevo. To give you a
small list:

o bmovl2 support
o old bmovl support (for unpatched mplayer)
o pygame, bmovl2 or imlib2 as basic output, maybe also special output
  from gtk and fb
o If your system doesn't support bmovl2, Freevo will just use
  something different.
o still support for different player: mplayer _and_ xine

We won't reduce the feature set, we will expand it.

As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.