If the bmovl2 output works how I think it'll work (menus, movies etc.
will play all from within one instance of mplayer), then it'll get rid
of the TV-out resets that happen everytime a new DirectFB app takes over
the display :)

Currently when freevo starts, then whenever freevo switches back and
forth to mplayer the screen flashes a few times as DirectFB initializes
the display.

This would make it all look seamless - a step closer to my tivo.

- Chris