> May be logging is turned off, this makes quite a difference.
Logging is on and it still has a speed improvement. Guess we can call
it a bonus :)

> > First problem I have encountered
> > though, is that convert_config does not seem to be working. It acts
> > like it is working but does not actually seem to do anything.
>
> Did you add the -w option to do the actual write?
Tried it with the -w option and without. Run the command there is a
pause of about the right length and then nothing.

> Should work as it works with the recordings_manager, and IIRC nothing
> has changes with the older recorded shows menu items.
After more playing with 1.7.4 this seems to be an erratic problem. IT
may be related to the geekbox theme problem.

So far it is turning out to be a very good release. I think I will
make the next upgrade on my main freevo system.
Evan