Hans Meine wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> after the enthusiastic comments (esp. by Evan Hisey), I also updated from
> 1.7.1svn to current rel-1-7 and the latest kaa svn.   The recordserver
> required me updating twisted and twisted-web, but now I have some grave
> problems with TV:
>
> - Anyways, there are two other major problems (which might as well be
> responsible for the above):
> * the guide is empty (no program data for any channel)
> * I get "no scheduled recordings"
> * similarly, "no favorites"
> * watching TV gives a blank screen only
>
> /var/cache/freevo/record_schedule.xml is not small and at least still
> contains
> the favorites (since it is completely unformatted and I do not know a good
> XML formatter, it is hard to check though).
>
> Ah, the commandline for watching TV (using tv.ivtv_xine_tv) is
>> /usr/bin/xine --auto-play=fq --hide-gui --borderless --geometry
>> 1024x768+0+0 --no-splash --no-lirc --post=pp:quality=10;expand -V None -A
>> None --stdctl pvr:///home/user/Timeshift/buf"
> -- now "-V None -A None" looks suspicious!

More than suspicious, clearly not set.

It would be better if Richard moved all the config stuff into a config
function then they can have sensible defaults and the freevo plugins -i
can report the options.

> I already did convert_config, but something changed.  Since I did never
> configure XINE_TV_AO_DEV, I would assume that it defaults to XINE_AO_DEV, no?

It does use to the XINE_AO_DEV when XINE_TV_AO_DEV is not set.

> The code suggests that, but it uses hasattr(), while freevo_conf.py now
> contains ... = None.  That does not work together.  Attached is a possible
> fix.
>
> Now I have TV, but it shows great flickering, and the guide, scheduled
> recordings, and favorites are still empty. :-(

I don't know what the problem is with the flickering, have you tried to
run the xine command from the command line? Always the first thing to do
when something is a it suspect. More than likely it is a problem with
the XINE_TV_VO_DEV setting.

TV_RECORD_SCHEDULE setting points to the record_schedule.xml and by
default it is:
TV_RECORD_SCHEDULE = FREEVO_STATICDIR + '/record_schedule.xml'
staticdir should be logging something like:
config.py (512): staticdir: /var/lib /var/lib/freevo
so
TV_RECORD_SCHEDULE = '/var/lib/freevo/record_schedule.xml'

Duncan