On Samstag 24 November 2007, Hans Meine wrote:
> /var/cache/freevo/record_schedule.xml is not small and at least still
> contains the favorites
..in the meantime, it became empty.  Luckily, I made a copy just in time, and
after stopping the recordserver and copying that back, I see my recordings
again.  Don't know how why it was emptied, but now it works.  Ah - maybe it's
because the updated recordserver crashed with missing modules etc. at first?!
It really shouldn't write back an empty file in such cases though.

My patch fixed watching TV, and the grave flickering was due to /me having
started "nxtvepg --daemon ..." in the background (in order to fix the missing
guide data problem), which I already knew that it harms the ivtv stream.

So the only remaining problem is that I have nxtvepg telling me that it has
loads of current data, but despite an obviously up-to-date /tmp/TV.xml, the
guide is empty.  Writing this, I recall that it finally got moved out of this
stupid /tmp location... IIRC I even voted for that.  However,
local_conf.py.example still contains "# XMLTV_FILE = '/tmp/TV.xml'" - should
this be changed / become commented for the user?

Argh - this was a lengthy update process - it took me more than two hours to
fix all problems.  I hope that other users have more luck / follow some
update docs I did not know of (or - to be honest - look for more than some
minutes).

At least the kaa update I started with led to a previously unrecognized DVD
becoming playable, so there's at least *something* on the plus side. :-)

The images are wrongly rotated now, I seem to need the new config option. And
the main menu lookgs different, as if it is shifted upwards by about the
height of one menu entry (using the "blurr" theme).  Oh - I can
choose "blurr_BB" (whatever that means) to get the old layout.  Again - this
comes as a suprise to the upgrading user.

In summary, I would hope that more of the necessary changes would be made
automatically or backwards compatible.

Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.
    /  / ANS                                                  ooo