On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Q wrote:

> Which directory is that in? I see a directory called /boot - and inside it
> there's a file called freevo, but no file called freevo-boot.

The boot subdirectory from the freevo*.tgz (or CVS) is where the original
files are stored.

The /boot/freevo and /boot/freevo_dep files are placed in /etc/rc.d/init.d
so that init can find it. There is no 'freevo-boot' file, just the
freevo-boot*.rpm package which performs the installation of those files
automatically for you. You would probably still need to tweak your system
some to get it to work (I don't have the details, as I don't use this
package personally -- maybe it's in the Wiki).

> I assume you need the correct version number of freevo-boot for each freevo
> version, or will any version work?

AFAIK, the versions have not changed, so it doesn't matter which specific
version of the boot files you use (as of 1.3.2).

T.C.
----
Wan Tat Chee (Lecturer)
School of Computer Science, Univ. of Science Malaysia,
11800 USM, Penang, Malaysia.      Rm.625 Ofc Ph: +604 653-3888 x 3617
NRG Lab Admin: +604 659-4757           Rm.601-E Ofc Ph: +604 653-4396
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]            Web: http://nrg.cs.usm.my/~tcwan
GPG Key : http://nrg.cs.usm.my/~tcwan/tcw_gpg-20030322.asc
F'print : DCF2 B9B2 FA4D 1208 AD59  14CA 9A8F F54D B2C4 63C7