Quoting Matthew Caron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> It depends on what you mean. It's not as crisp as a monitor, but it's as
>
> crisp as all the video game systems I hook up to my TV. The limit is how
>
> good the TV can display.

   When i decided to build an htpc, I researched the vga-to-tv converter
option to death for months, and decided i'd be better off with a G400-DH.
But I guess I've said that before.

   I use a cheezy low end Thomson Consumer Electronics television. A big
one. Text is fuzzy. video, on the other hand, with the g400, is totally
beautiful. And there's nothing even vaguely resembling flicker. the freevo
ui could be easily described as 'crisp'.

   The downside of the G400 is that it requires an AGP slot - that
requirement cascades into others that eventually have you with either an
overheating mini-itx system or a microatx system. I went for microatx. It's
larger than ideal. win some, lose some.