Quoting Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Originally I had bought a G450-DH, but it went bad, and I could never
> get the TV out to work anyways. Are you using framebuffering? My TNT2
> did a nice job on the TV but I couldn't get it to take up the
> full-screen. I'm currently in the process of returning the Matrox back
> to the manufacturer. I think I may try giving the G450 another chance.

   Yeah, framebuffer. with mga-vid. I'm using an 800x600 mode that fills
the screen nicely and evenly with a minimum of overscan. that mode probably
underscans on most monitors, because my tv is in need of a tuneup, and
calibration, and replacement with a better built television.

   It's funny how people are starting to say that Apex and Toshiba and Sony
are really the same because they get their parts from the same supplier.
My "GE" television is visibly crappier than similar "RCA" televisions with
the same Thomson chassis number. Not just the same parts supplier, largely
the same parts, same board, same factory. Crappier build.

   But on the other hand, Sears sold me a 36" tv for $240. (clearance sale,
floor model). Beat the heck out of my 1978 20" sony.