Dirk Meyer wrote:
o what do you use to record without re-encoding?

Mplayer or mencoder will work, as will running s/c/tzap with the -r flag to open the dvr0 device for reading, you can then write its contents to a file. I don't like mpeg-ts very much and would prefer a PS. There are programs out there (mplex, dvbmplex, replex) that convert them. It is also worth looking at the VDR code, it records DVB streams saving them to PES. Either way, you only have to "repackage" the mpeg stream, not transcode (which takes way more CPU of course.

Whatever you do make sure you keep an eye on the a/v sync. Some of the mplex programs have PTS options (keep or drop) and some programs take care of looking for the PCR PID for the channel you are interested.

o does someone has a link to a ts spec? I would like to include
  support for it into mmpython:

http://www.etsi.org There are lots of docs there, probably everything you need. I've been doing some muching around with DVB programming myself, channel scanning, SI table scanning (EPG) for dumping XMLTV files from the stream info, etc.

Have fun! :)

-Rob

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by The 2004 JavaOne(SM) Conference Learn from the experts at JavaOne(SM), Sun's Worldwide Java Developer Conference, June 28 - July 1 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA REGISTER AND SAVE! http://java.sun.com/javaone/sf Priority Code NWMGYKND _______________________________________________ Freevo-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freevo-users