Hi, karl

that sounds like a really neat idea, you could even have a salve freevo box in another room

chris

Karl Lattimer wrote:

Hi all,
 I've been playing quite excitedly with videolan client, my thought
pattern went thus;

1) Wouldn't it be cool if I could watch TV on my mac through WiFi

2) WOW, if I'm streaming network video I can pause/rewind it just like
web radio

3) OMFGG, if freevo had a TV player interface to a vlc streaming server
running then I could pause/rewind TV in freevo

Now I've been hacking around with this for hours now, most of the
weekend in fact, I've managed to get video streaming to my mac, but the
audio is causing a major headache, I take video from the composite input
which comes out of my pace cable box, I take audio from the line input
but it doesn't want to stream?!

I can pause/rewind the video over the network stream, I'm busy
rebuilding vlc without a gui so I can run it without it appearing over
the top of freevo.

So I've put a lot of the testing stuff in place, what I wanted to know
is whether or not anyone has ever tried this? Or if someone with the
python knowledge wouldn't mind working with me a bit to get a freevo
plugin working?

I think the there are the following requirements,
 * A VLC (running as a client) plugin for TV input
* A remote interface so the play/pause/rewind/fast forward buttons work on tv * A method of changing channels ?! v4lctl/lirc-send/network somehow for situations where the TV receiver is in another machine or viewer
   is remote via network

It would probably be best to have a tcp server app for receiving the
channel change commands and then acting on them, my reasoning for this
is when you have a streaming video server there is no sense in closing
off the channel change function to the network.

Regards
 Karl,