Hi Duncan,

The Freevo box is directly connected to a 5.1 speaker system. When I
open alsamixer on the terminal, I can control the global volume of the
whole system with the "PCM" channel.

However, when I'm on the main menu of Freevo, I can control the volume
using the remote Vol+ and Vol- buttons. When I press one of these, the
Freevo OSD will show that it's changing the volume, but no alsa line
gets modified.

I'm thinking that maybe the volume control is not using ALSA at all. Do
I have to install some command line tool for this to work?

Here's the output of the -i command:

Name: alsamixer
Type: DaemonPlugin
File: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/plugins/alsamixer.py

------------
Mixer for ALSA, requires pyalsaaudio module from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyalsaaudio/

Plugin configuration variables:
-------------------------------
ALSA_CARDID: Alsa Card id
Default: hw:0

ALSA_LINE_CARDID: Alsa Line Card id
Default: hw:0

ALSA_MIXER_NAME: Alsa Mixer Name
Default: Master

ALSA_PCMMIXER_NAME: Alsa PCM Mixer Name
Default: PCM

ALSA_LINEMIXER_NAME: Alsa Line Mixer Name
Default: Line

ALSA_MICMIXER_NAME: Alsa Mic Mixer Name
Default: Mic

The plugin is loaded with the following settings:
type=default, level=10, args=None

-
Benedikt

This message is digitally signed by a PGP
key, to verify it's authenticity.

If you received this message without key
the message may not be authentic.

www.relamp.tk