I'm running version 1.7.6.1, but I'm having zero luck getting xmame or zsnes
working. Basically the screen blanks for a moment then returns back to the menu
screen. When running "freevo -trace" I don't  get much feedback.  Tried
searching the archives as well as some googling, but didn't find much to
suggest a fix for the problem.

Both apps work find when started from a shell prompt so I'm not sure why Freevo
won't run. I've been using Freevo for several years and I'm certian my config
file is okay:

GAMES_ITEMS = [
     ('MAME', '/home/freevo/xmame/roms',
         ('MAME', '/usr/games/xmame.SDL', '-fullscreen -modenumber 6',
             '/home/freevo/xmame/pictures', None)),
    ('SUPER NINTENDO', '/home/freevo/xmess/snes',
    ('SNES', '/usr/local/bin/zsnes', '-m -r 3 -k 100 -cs -u ', '', None ))
 ]

Any help would be appreciated, not sure where to go next.
Bret