Benedikt Bär wrote:
> Hi again Andreas,
>
> I installed Freevo 1.7.8.1, and I'm using now the alsamixer2 plug-in. So
> far everything seems to work, except two things:
>
> 1) The idlebar.volume plug-in does not work with alsamixer2. Is there
> any workaround?
>
> 2) I have a separate input for my TV card, which loops into the 'Line'
> channel. I would like that alsamixer2 keeps PCM & Line at the same
> levels. Is this possible? Here's my current config:
>
> ALSAMIXER2_MAIN_CTRL = 'PCM'
> # ALSAMIXER2_MUTE_CTRL = 'Headphone'
> ALSAMIXER2_CTRLS = [
> #               (ctrl, card, default vol, min vol, max vol)
>                 ('PCM','hw:SB',90,0,100),
>                 ('Line', 'hw:SB', 90, 0, 100),
> ]
>
> When I remove the PCM line, alsamixer2 controls the Line volume, but not
> the PCM anymore :(.

I've given this a quick try on my box with a SB card.

When watching what happens to the controls in alsamixer from a ssh
session, they control the volume correctly. I'm using the default
settings for alamixer2.

On another box I've noticed that the alsamixer is missing one control
that amixer shows but I don't think that this is your problem.

Duncan