Great price, I have to admit.  I suppose if you were familiar with it,
it would be a good idea.  I might suggest putting a howto on the wiki
for those who give up on lirc.

Cpufreq-set doesn't seem to work on my pentium 4.  Are you over clocking
your processer?

A couple more tips:

1.  Flashaid.  The results were noticeably better.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-aid/

Run the wizard, and it creates a bash script that removes flash,
installs the beta flash plugin, and sets some some stuff in
/etc/adobe/mms.cfg.  You have then reset your .huludesktop as
flash_location = /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so, but after
that, it definitely works better.  Alternately, you could just edit this
script it produced:

#!/bin/bash

sudo rm -f /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
sudo rm -f /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/libflashplayer.so
cd
"/home/dan/.mozilla/firefox/ge2hn4w7.default/extensions/flash...@lovinglinux.megabyet.net/chrome/content/tmp"
&& rm -f *flash* && wget http://updates.webgapps.org/flashplayer32 &&
tar xvf *flash* libflashplayer.so && sudo chown root:root
libflashplayer.so && sudo chmod 0644 libflashplayer.so && sudo mv
libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ && rm -f *flash* && sudo ln
-s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/libflashplayer.so
TWEAK=$(cat /etc/adobe/mms.cfg | grep 'OverrideGPUValidation')
if test -z "${TWEAK}";then
echo 'OverrideGPUValidation=true' | sudo tee -a /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
fi
cat /etc/adobe/mms.cfg | sed '/EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1/d' | sudo tee
/etc/adobe/mms.cfg

2.  Volume

I like the sound up all the way when I launch hulu.  Turn up the sound
on the remote or with alsamixer, run '/sbin/alsactl -f asound.state
store' to save the settings, then add a' /sbin/alsactl -f
/home/freevo/asound.state restore' to your hulu startup script.  I'll
add this to the wiki too, when I cease to find any further tweaks.
(Which, granted, may be the present)

On a side rant, I have to applaud Hulu for giving me a good legal way to
use their site, and especially for doing so on Linux.  No longer need to
resort to rtmpdump.