Doug -

Isn't this fun?  We could probably go on like this this all day!
I was never a Boy Scout, but from what I remember anecdotally, once one has their merit badge, it cannot be taken away (though they can be stolen and clandestinely resewn onto ones own sash)... Yet I think there are old Eagle Scouts out there arguing the merits of flint-and-steel over bow-and-stick or the Bowline vs the Half-Hitch or Short-Sheeting vs the Hand-in-Warm-Water-at-Night trick.

Surreal-ly yours,
- the Big Guy