No. I've figured out their business plan: Advertisement. They agree and are very public about it.

Its their "architecture" I don't get.

Here's a good post to the earlier /. suggested read. Note the third paragraph about tying it together. Yes, I'd love a "desktop in the sky" usable on everything in my digital kit bag (TV, phone, computer, iPad, ...) but so far Google isn't even close in terms of coherence.

<quote>
The innovation comes in how this all ties together. Google Mail + Buzz + Wave + Contacts (Yes contacts is its own thing.) Voice + Talk + Maps + Chat + Calendar + (Maybe docs, it still blows though) + Search = One hell of a system of tools to organize and manage how you do "stuff"

And when you start integrating that into phones, netbooks (Think Chrome OS) + your traditional web browser you can do some pretty cool stuff.

However right now Google's biggest challenge is tying all this stuff together. Calendar + Groups? Maps + Gmail? Buzz + Calendar? Not even remotely tied together.

Lets be blunt here. The above Facebook has nothing like this. MS doesn't either. Google is creating a virtual desktop. That is all there is to it.
</quote>

    -- Owen