Well see, here we go again.

To which I come back again with the point of view that any philosophy, or
religion that is human-centric in nature as both Christianity or Islam are,
is inherently bad.  A narrow world view, enabled, promoted, and enforced
with even narrower strict fundamentalist practitioners is by definition
destructive.

There can be no greater moral deficiency than having been born with an
intellect and then refusing to use it.

Blind faith is exactly that: blind.  "Faith" in religion is defined as
having accepted, unquestioningly, what someone else has told you is the one
true way.

I personally have no respect for religious faith.

I respect people's right to chose to live that way, right up to the point
where they attempt to influence how I live and think. But not their
decision to unquestioningly commit to a dogma.

Religion, because it requires "faith" to become a subscriber, is inherently
bad.

And as long as we're on the subject, if religion is bad for the reasons
described above, then the opposite of religion is cosmology: the science of
trying to *understand* the universe rather than attempting to explain it
away with fairy tales.

--Doug