From: friam-boun...@redfish.com [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf
Of Sarbajit Roy
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:38 AM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] faith

In the context of religious faith.

doubt * belief = 1

If doubt = 0 then belief = 1/0 = singularity = God If certainty = 0 then
doubt = 1/0 = noGod

In most Eastern religions people are somewhere in between and see no harm in
(occasionally) worshiping things they don't always believe in (sort of like
insurance).

So yes, belief and doubt are normally present in varying degrees for the
same proposition in the vast majority of believers / doubters.

Sarbajit