Well, speaking from my own (apparent) semi-unique perspective:  Darwin's
proposition of "Survival of the Fittest" would seem to scream out for the
elimination of degenerate components of society which threaten to bring the
entire species to total extinction.

And, being an engineer, I cannot but cheer and encourage any activity that
speeds the destruction of those destructive elements of society.  Like gang
conflicts, for example.  And religion, for another.  Not that there is much
difference, really.

--Doug

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Roger Critchlow <r...@elf.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Steve Smith <sasm...@swcp.com> wrote:
>
>> Tory -
>>
>>  Why is the idea of two differing but synergistic approaches so
>>> challenging to so many on this list? Or are you arguing for the fun of the
>>> game?
>>>
>>>  I'm pretty sure both the Monkey and the Weasel are in it for the
>> endorphins released.
>>

> I don't think I'm talking about two differing approaches.
>
> Some beliefs are so common that no one even thinks about them.  Many
> people deny that they're beliefs at all.  Other beliefs extend and explain
> and modify the common ones in different ways.  But I say we're all
> believers on this bus, some are just more conscious of it.
>
> -- rec --

Doug Roberts
drobe...@rti.org
d...@parrot-farm.net