On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 10:34:39AM -0700, Owen Densmore wrote:
> I don't want to be flame bait (oh well, maybe i do) .. I posted this on
> your blog post:
>
> I'm surprised anyone buys android phones at all. They're stuck between a
> rock and a hard place: If they buy from Google they have your well
> articulated problems.
>
> But if they get another handset mfgrs phone, they get no updates .. as far
> as I know most give you the vanilla android+their device's drivers with
> little to no upgrades over time.
>
> cyanogenmod? Er.. sorta proves the point!

Updates is not the only reason to buy a phone. I went Android
(upgrading from Symbian), precisely because of the iOS lockdown
prevents me from using a couple of critical features on iPhone (namely
USB Mass store, and USB modem - aka tethering).

Yes, it would be nice to have had some updates to Android (I'm on 1.6
(donut?)), but its not the end of the world, as the phone basically
does everything I need of it.

Cheers

Principal, High Performance Coders