The phone is just a touch over two years old. Even though my contract
has expired, and the phone company has offered an upgrade, its only on
the proviso that I change plans, which would see me losing roaming (a
big deal in a country where mobile coverage it pretty ratshit out of
the big cities). Upgrading the phone would also see me putting the old
phone back in the drawer, not to be used again, as the SIM has changed
format, for the first time in my mobile phone history.

My experience has been so far that every phone upgrade has seen the
loss of as much functionality as new functionality gained. At each
generation, its a different set of functionality I have to do without,
or find alternative ways of meeting the need.

As I said - my phone does everything I need of it right now. At some
point upgrading will become compelling - hopefully that happens before
the phone dies physically.

Cheers