Now that I think on it some more, there's really no reason that a radio
should not be able to receive and transmit WiFi and Bluetooth at the same
time.  It's a little trickier than doing one at a time, but the tricks are
in the software, or in the DSP hardware part of the radio.

There are a whole slew of phones running the same chip as the Nexus 4,
listed in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_S4#Snapdragon_S4 in
the APQ8064
row.  The LG Optimus G runs the same processor as the Nexus 4, but using
Android 4.0.  The HTC Droid DNA runs the same processor, but using Android
4.1.  The Sony Xperia Z will run the same processor, but using Android 4.1.
 Hmm, you can see how requests to fix Android 4.2 drivers might end up at
the end of the queue, assuming that any requests have been made.

And I misspoke,  the unregulated band is at 2.4 GHz, not 2.1 GHz.

-- rec --