Google's whole "We're Google, fuck you." attitude is getting a bit old.
 Not only can we not get them to acknowledge that the bad wifi / bluetooth
interaction exists on the Nexus 4, we can't get any info on whether it is a
hardware or software issue.

--Doug

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Roger Critchlow <r...@elf.org> wrote:

> Now that I think on it some more, there's really no reason that a radio
> should not be able to receive and transmit WiFi and Bluetooth at the same
> time.  It's a little trickier than doing one at a time, but the tricks are
> in the software, or in the DSP hardware part of the radio.
>
> There are a whole slew of phones running the same chip as the Nexus 4,
> listed in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_S4#Snapdragon_S4 in the
> APQ8064
> row.  The LG Optimus G runs the same processor as the Nexus 4, but using
> Android 4.0.  The HTC Droid DNA runs the same processor, but using Android
> 4.1.  The Sony Xperia Z will run the same processor, but using Android 4.1.
>  Hmm, you can see how requests to fix Android 4.2 drivers might end up at
> the end of the queue, assuming that any requests have been made.
>
> And I misspoke,  the unregulated band is at 2.4 GHz, not 2.1 GHz.
>
> -- rec --

*Doug Roberts
d...@parrot-farm.net*
*http://parrot-farm.net/Second-Cousins*<http://parrot-farm.net/Second-Cousins>