 From: Rich Murray <rmfor...@gmail.com>
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam@redfish.com>
Sent: Friday, April 5, 2013 11:13 PM
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Fwd: [New post] The Loud and Clear Message that the TED
Controversy is Sending

Urban Dictionary: woot.

woot
Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on more 4635 up, 1141 down
 Woot originated as a hacker term for root (or administrative) access to a
computer. However, with the term as coincides with the gamer term, "w00t".

"w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons
and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed
into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its
original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.
"I defeated the dark sorcerer! Woot!"

"woot! i r teh flagmastar!" (Think Tribes)

"Woot, I pwnzed this dude's boxen!'
and there's wood, would, woof, Wookie, wool...

Compare Urban Dictionary: woot.