On 10/30/2013 12:21 PM, Steve Smith wrote:
And I seem inclined to try to sieve other's and re-present it contorted
through my own expresser (what is the opposite of a sieve...  a pug-mill
or a meat-grinder?   I think one of the things I do here in this forum
that is surely maddening to anyone who tries to follow my missives is
precisely what I'm talking about doing automagically... to ingest one
point of view and regurgitate it from a slightly different one (with
added ingredients from earlier meals, of course, just to push the
metaphor hard)...

You make a great point, here. I danced around the production problem by allowing for a leaky/uncertain input. I.e. I may _intend_ to pay sole attention to one thing (mess, object, phenomenon, whatever). But there's a wiggle or fuzziness to my attention. As a result, what comes out the other end might contain something new, something that doesn't _seem_ to exist in the original thing on which I focused (or said I'd focus).

But that probably doesn't account for all of creative/production. There are plenty of others, e.g. your material from earlier foci, or perhaps a multi-tasking ability to be able to simultaneously consider and merge foci. The more important one, I suppose would be if/whether there's something pivotal happening inside the machine (consciousness?), something creative rather than merely transformative.

But it is your very re-combobulation of the conversations others have
here that I find entertaining/useful/fascinating.

Same here, of course.