Glen -

Another of my usual postscripts...  afterthoughts... from my last missive:

The Faceted Ontology work I describe is not unlike my conception of the Duetsch Multiverse, but only a subset or a shadow of it. Rather than the superposition of many states of a finite but huge multiverse, it is the superposition of many states of knowledge of a finite and huge (but not compared to said multiverse) set of perspectives of those who contributed said knowledge. It is, in fact, a lot like a very low fidelity hologram reconstructed in the manner of a tomograph... many 2D slices of a 3D thing composed and interpolated to imply a 3D thing. Since our work includes uncertainty measures (both in the confidence and the veracity of the original source), it at least suggests adjacent possibles ("it was kinda red" said the semi-reliable source)...

'nuff for now,
 - Steve