Agreed.  And do you know one of the biggest problems?  Phones!

Yes, 1Password and others run on phones, but mainly for browser logins.

Then cam "apps".  Browser's could't keep up with the demands of phone apps
so the devs had to go to "native" apps, or more general PhoneGap type apps.
 Yes iP can work with them but you have to cut/paste to use them which is a
total pain in the rear.

Possibly apple's new phones with thumb recognition will simplify things ..
you'll have a "key chain" in the sky.  But it'll be broken by the bad guys
too, I guess.  And depends on the apple ecology which I find too incomplete
compared with google.

   -- Owen