150, 240, 900 !?

?!What!? are you guys addicted to? Including PINs for bank-cards (not used online) I can't estimate over a dozen or two myself. OK maybe hundreds over decades, but ... current? Admittedly, I have probably cranked through a similar number of "throwaways" where I've signed up for something (because that is the only way to sample/test) and then let the login die or go fallow (and my hashword) with it. But hundreds? Really? I'm worried about you guys! They have groups and 12 step programs for things like this!

As for mnemonics or mental-hash-generators (hashwords?)... my decades of high security environments where writing my password down anywhere (including or especially electronically) or sharing it with anyone (e.g. speaking it aloud) was a felony or low treason or something, I just can't stand to see a password in clear text... it makes me cringe... so a whole spreadsheet of my family jewels... I just couldn't...

I only wish there were a 2-factor system for the masses that isn't spoofable (the ones that use your Mac address of your device are better than nothing but not unspoofable by far).

- Steve
~240 accounts stored in keepass.

-- rec --