On 07/07/2015 07:06 PM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> OsiriX is good for MRIs (DICOM files).   MIALite is a segmentation plugin for
> it that works.   Some of the OsiriX plugins have bitrot and crash the
> browser.  Give your GPU  something [cough] useful to do other than [cough]
> gaming.    Don't know about segment tracking over time.   Might have to write
> that..

Very cool.  $700 is pretty stiff.  It's not clear whether the plugin will work
with the osirix free version.  I have been using ginkgo cad, the free version
of which works pretty well.

On 07/07/2015 07:43 PM, Steve Smith wrote:
> I think you should *build* a video game based on your thorax... or a
> projection of it's 4D-ness...  and uses Dr. Seuss's "Lorax" as a theme for
> the narrative!

I'm just starting to dip my toes into 3D modeling (for another project).  I
wonder how difficult it would be to create a 3D "world" modeled off the DICOM
images?  It'd be kinda cool running a little avatar around over the kidneys and
through the ribs, to grandmother's goiter we go!