Exactly the geeky guy I had in mind :-)

Another nice thing about building the system from scratch is that you get
to decide which parts are important enough to you to spend a lot of money
on. Since I’m not a gamer, I’d just use a motherboard with built-in
graphics (maybe most of them do) and see if it was acceptable, and spend
the money on a better display. Then, at some later point, it’s easy enough
to add on a dedicated one.

Also, getting Amazon Prime seems like a good deal to get free fast shipping
on components.