Intimacy is not necessarily about sex, but it is also not about
just about knowing something about someone that isn't generally known,
e.g., where the person went to elementary school or her mother's maiden
name. It's more than just being able to answer the sorts of questions web
sites ask as a way to establish one's identity. Intimacy has to do with the
*kinds *of things that are known, in particular with knowing about the
subjective experience of another person. At least that's how I would
describe it -- and that's why I raised the question.