From: Friam [friam-boun...@redfish.com] on behalf of Russ Abbott
[russ.abb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2016 12:32 AM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Subjectivity and intimacy

Intimacy is not necessarily about sex, but it is also not about just about
knowing something about someone that isn't generally known, e.g., where the
person went to elementary school or her mother's maiden name. It's more than
just being able to answer the sorts of questions web sites ask as a way to
establish one's identity. Intimacy has to do with the kinds of things that are
known, in particular with knowing about the subjective experience of another
person. At least that's how I would describe it -- and that's why I raised the
question.

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 3:39 PM Nick Thompson