"If we assume Trump is the master of ambiguous linguistics Lakoff thinks he is,
then he already understands this, at least tacitly.  Trump (under this idea)
purposefully forms his expressions so that there are unbound variables that are
likely to be bound by the listener."

I think it is more likely he does it to collect data.   It's how he figures out
what his fans want -- perhaps how he knows anything at all-- he wants people to
reveal the binding.  If he just wanted to pacify people, he wouldn't make so
many easily-falsifiable claims.   What you say about creating multivalent bonds
might be a good way to neutralize a person born to confuse and double cross..
but it seems easier said than done.

Marcus