Little Glennie -

Sorry for the sloppy linking... I DO think it works with all of us when we are being petulant/belligerent in our willful beliefs. I have already shifted my confrontational mode (looming, lowering my voice, narrowing my eyes) with Trumpsters and trying variations of the Trevor Noah formula for toddlers... it yields surprisingly good results...

I had a boss for a while who another colleague characterized as being of the type who "when you tell him you didn't understand something he said, he just repeats himself, only louder"... I nearly threw him down a stairwell once... but my kinder/gentler nature prevailed... I only wish I had Trevor Noah's advice in my head at that time, but I suspect Trevor was (literally) a toddler himself at that time!

I'm not sure this is pure Socratic, but does carry it's form... it is a bit passive aggressive and/or manipulative to deserve such an idealized term, don't you think?

Carry On!
 - Little Stevie
That link didn't work for me.  But here's another one:

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P1IVQJdVvE

I know that strategy works because people use it on me all the time! 8^)  I think those
dastardly elites call it "Socratic".