>But to the extent that we were talking about logic, is not logic the
formalization of good thought?

Not necessarily.  For instance:  "If A then B implies A" is logically valid
but most people would feel that it's stupid thinking.  "Every statement
implies a true statement" is true if you look at the truth table but this
illustrates the difference between propositional calculus and natural
language.  I suspect you mean sound reasoning by "good thought".

Is that responsive to your question?

Frank

Frank Wimberly
Phone (505) 670-9918