Nick writes:

< Geez, Dave.  I might have put it the other way.  People are persuasive as
hell; they just aren’t communicating.  >

There’s nothing left to talk about.   Progressive states and municipalities
just need to insulate themselves as much as possible from the rest, and
encourage movement toward the cities (at least in spirit), whether it is folks
born in rural areas or folks from other countries.   Remote work technologies
help do this, but it is still easy to feel isolated as a remote worker.
Better just to get people to move, I think.   Bleed them dry.

Marcus