This merely seems like triggered gatekeeping to me. Yeah, sure, working
philosophers have skills and behaviors working [insert your favorite other clique]
don't have. But, if it's not already obvious, especially to anyone who's had ANY
contact with organizations like the SFI, epistemic trespassing can be wildly
productive. We're all bad at things we're not good at. >8^D I haven't seen the
Tyson rant that seems to have triggered Ramsey. But *leaving someone out* of your
cf list is NOT a snub ... despite what the hip-and-trendy might claim. It's merely
evidence that any presentation is limited in space and time. My guess is that if
you listen to Tyson with a little generosity, you'd hear him make sounds
sympathetic to the expertise of the peri-science cliques.

Now, Hawking and Mlodinow's explicit claim that philosophy is dead ... now,
that's a different story.