I'm not sure what "closure to efficient cause" means. I considered using as
an example an outdoor light that charges itself (and stays off) during the
day and goes on at night. In what important way is that different from a
flashlight? They both have energy storage systems (batteries). Does it
really matter that the garden light "recharges itself" rather than relying
on a more direct outside force to change its batteries? And they both have
on-off switches. The flashlight's is more conventional whereas the garden
light's is a light sensor. Does that really matter? They are both tripped
by outside forces.

BTW, congratulations on your phrase *epistemological trespassing*!

-- Russ

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam