----------
>From: Steve Kurtz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Fiat money is valued by what it can buy now, & how it is perceived
> relative to other currencies going forward. Thus all credits/tokens are
> in a sense 'virtual'; and the natural/material perpetual pie (gross &
> per capita) shrinks daily. Redistribution of tokens may be desirable in
> the views of many, but it would at best be temporary, short term
> 'symptomatic' medicine. Physical limits are real, and humans have
> already hit the wall in the opinion of many scientific experts.
>
> Steve

Dear Steve:

Your argument about "natural/material" value, rather than token value has
some merit.  I would appreciate your comments in the context of Galbraith
(not in quote) who gives these figures.  10% are employed in the knowledge
sector, 10% in the manufacturing of goods and 80% in the providing of
services.

Yes their may be limits on the amount of phospate or oil but in truth, it
seems that when it comes to employment most of us are exchanging human
energy for other humans satisfactions rather than hard manufactured goods.
What does a lawyer, accountant, dance instructor, janitor or lawn service
employee create in terms of the limits of "natural/material" goods, other
than some small amount of supplies in paper or fuel or use of a building.

In fact, if we went to a durable model of goods rather than a planned
obsolence model of goods, we could extend the life considerably of the
"natural/material" world.

Respectfully,

Thomas Lunde