There is a "wonderful" article in today's NYT about a new
kind of fiver which the extraction of natural gas from the coal
in Wyoming has produced: "Ranchers Bristle as Gas Wells
Loom on the Range" (p.A1).  THis new kind of river bubbles
(people always liked the bubbling stuff in Yellowstone
or is it Yosimite?...), and you can ignite it [should help
ranchers see on moonless nights?].

You all know how I love the beauties of nature.  So I saved
the picture in case you miss it. It's like something
out of Werner Herzog's powerful film about the First Gulf War:

    Lessons of Darkness

But with a difference: In Kuwait, all the lakes were
covered with oil (or were oil in toto) but they deceptively
*looked* like water.  This stuff obviously is not just
Poland Spring....

    http://www.users.cloud9.net/~lcp/gaswater.jpg

Enjoy!

\brad mccormick

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]