Ideas that limit are always silly ideas.

REH

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 2:37 AM
Subject: RE: FULL OF ADMIRATION (was RE: Slightly extended (was Re: [Futurework] David Ricardo, Cavema n Trade vs. Modern Trade

Bob,

Good article. However, this isn’t a “conservative” problem.

The look-say nonsense wasn’t right-wing. The 8th grade LA kids are doing better than the 10th graders. This is because the 8th are back to phonetics. Yet a generation of kids failed to learn to read because of a silly idea.

The problem is always the same. A public body grows and grows and it’s primary objective changes to maintaining itself. This is true of all educational bodies up to the highest in the land. Fudging results is part of the operation.

Actually teaching kids is way down the list.

It’s sad.

Henry George School of Social Science
of Los Angeles
Box 655  Tujunga  CA  91042
Tel: 818 352-4141  --  Fax: 818 353-2242
http://haledward.home.comcast.net