On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 04:49:32PM +0100, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:10:42 +0100
> Dominik Vogt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > MAX_VERTICAL_SPACING and MIN_VERTICAL_SPACING are not defined in
> > > the patch.  Anyway, MIN_VERTICAL_SPACING should be just 0 and
> > > MAX_VERTICAL_SPACING the same value that is used for
> > > MAX_MENU_BORDER_WIDTH.
> >
> > Ah, these values are already defined.  It's better to use a new
> > constant MAX_MENU_MARGIN (in libs/defaults.h).
> >
> Yes. I set it to 50, same value that MAX_MENU_BORDER_WIDTH as you
> suggested.
>
> > @Victor:  I wanted to say that it might make sense to have a
> > style similar to ItemFormat for the vertical layout too.
>
> I would probably be able to implement this that way if you really think
> it's better. The obvious benefits are:

Well, as Victor said it's hard to come up with an intuitive
syntax.  A menu is built from multiple items - it's easy to define
a vertical itemformat with paddingn and alignment and everything,
but the top and bottom margins still wouldn't fit in.

> 1.- consistency

> 2.- leave the doors open to implement options to align the text
>     vertically (I don't know how much could it take me to
>     implement that, maybe it's trivial, I'll have to look).

I'm not sure that would be good for anything.

> If you prefer it that way, let me know and I'll try to do my best.

No, I think the approch you took is fine.

> Thanks so much for all the input, it's much appreciated.

Good :-)

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--